Moodle+ Preview Resources
In Moodle+ you will find a range of resources
to support the creation, development and improvement of art in primary and
secondary schools. It is our job to provide learners with the opportunity to
become creative artists who they can only be if given the environment,
opportunities and resources with the support of their teachers of art. Art education
when taught well should engage, inspire and challenge pupils to express
themselves through the creation of their own works of art, craft and design. The resources in Moodle+ aim to help you teach
exciting art that allows learners to progress their skills, knowledge and
The resources will be added to regularly and will include
strategies to support learners, teaching ideas, resources to develop leadership
and up to date links to the art world.
In Moodle+ Preview there will be a flavour of resources from the full
documents available in Moodle+.
Exemplar schemes of work to respond to the EYFS, National Curriculum across the age ranges.
Assessment guidance to inform achievement considering progression and age related expectations
A wealth of resources to support task design in the classroom
Guidance to support subject leadership and innovation.
Please use the hyperlinks below to view the samples:
- Exemplar scheme of work ‘Sculptural Journeys’ (Year 5/6) putting art planning into action following the Spring 2018 art support workshop (adaptable for all years).
Create a system to assess art that considers progression, skills and experiences.
- An example (adaptable) of an accessible class assessment approach.
- What to consider for Sculpture in KS2 (5&6)
- Some support prompts for writing across the journey of the assessment objectives.
The key overview will identify which art experiences will be taught and when. It will relate to the programmes of study and will identify a balance of experiences to ensure continuity and progression in learning. There will be a continuous focus on drawing and as pupils get older the disciplines can be more easily interrelated.
- An example of a long term plan to ensure a rigorous coverage.
- An assessment taster using work developed from HAM and extended to include the consideration of emerging age related expectations (year 6).