Moodle+ Preview Resources
In Moodle+ you will find a range of resources
to support the creation, development and improvement of art in primary and
secondary schools. It is our job to provide learners with the opportunity to
become creative artists who they can only be if given the environment,
opportunities and resources with the support of their teachers of art. Art education
when taught well should engage, inspire and challenge pupils to express
themselves through the creation of their own works of art, craft and design. The resources in Moodle+ aim to help you teach
exciting art that allows learners to progress their skills, knowledge and
The resources will be added on a half termly basis and will include strategies to support learners, teaching ideas, develop leadership and up to date teaching information.
Exemplar schemes of work to respond to the EYFS, National Curriculum across the age ranges.
Assessment guidance to inform achievement considering progression and age related expectations
A wealth of resources to support task design in the classroom
Guidance to support subject leadership and innovation.
In Moodle+ Preview there are some samples of resources to give an indication of what the full document includes in Moodle+. For a comprehensive list of resources available on the Art Moodle+, please see the Moodle+ handbook 2023-24.
Subscription costs 2023-24
Moodle+ subscription prices for this year will remain unchanged. The subscription fees enable us to maintain the sites and add new content regularly:
- Hampshire Maintained schools with 2023/24 HTLC subscription: £350
- Hampshire Maintained schools without an HTLC subscription: £420
- Non Hampshire Maintained schools with 2023/24 HTLC subscription: £350 + VAT
- Non Hampshire Maintained schools without an HTLC subscription: £510 + VAT
If you would like to take out a subscription, please complete this form. Once your application has been processed, we will be in touch to advise your school's login details.
Please click on the hyperlinks below to view the documents:
- Exemplar scheme of work ‘Sculptural Journeys’ (Year 5/6) putting art planning into action following the Spring 2018 art support workshop (adaptable for all years).
Create a system to assess art that considers progression, skills and experiences.
- An example (adaptable) of an accessible class assessment approach.
- What to consider for Sculpture in KS2 (5&6)
- Some support prompts for writing across the journey of the assessment objectives.
The key overview will identify which art experiences will be taught and when. It will relate to the programmes of study and will identify a balance of experiences to ensure continuity and progression in learning. There will be a continuous focus on drawing and as pupils get older the disciplines can be more easily interrelated.
- An example of a long term plan to ensure a rigorous coverage.
- An assessment taster using work developed from HAM and extended to include the consideration of emerging age related expectations (year 6).
For further information and queries regarding Moodle+, please contact HTLCDev@hants.gov.uk