HIAS Art Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our Art site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from HIAS Art. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
To assist those teachers becoming a primary art manager to consider all the things necessary to effectively lead art in a primary school.
Search and book on the learning zone using keywords: Art help
Price: Sub £475 / SLA £405 / Full £570
We offer a variety of courses to help teachers and leaders in their careers. These cost-effective courses cover a wide range of topics and in all subject areas.
Please visit Art Courses on the main menu on the right to view available courses and keyword searches to help you book on the Learning Zone.
Or visit Our Upcoming Training Offers for our complete training offer.
Learning Zone guidance
Our latest Learning Zone User Guide, can be accessed from our HIAS Moodle home page.
If you need to speak to a member of the HTLC bookings team, please email: email@example.com or call 01962 718600.
These termly workshops offer a valuable opportunity for teachers to participate in practical activities and meet other teachers to share ideas and thoughts about art in the classroom.
The topic for the Autumn term is: Marvellous Marbling. Please see attached flyer with more information
13 September 2022 - Basingstoke
15 September 2022 – Eastleigh/Romsey
20 September 2022 – Farnborough/Aldershot
22 September 2022 – Alton/Petersfield
29 September 2022 – Fareham/Gosport
12 October 2022 - Havant
13 October 2022 – New Forest
Search and book on the learning zone using keywords: Art Termly 23
Price: Sub £150 / SLA £135 / Full £180
A reminder that you can now book our Secondary Art networks starting in the autumn term. Don’t forget to take advantage of our early registration process which enables your school to register staff for all termly subject network sessions for the 2022-23 academic year via a single online booking form. This simple, one-time process will ensure that session dates are confirmed in your diary at the beginning of the academic year.
Networks costs, per session:
Virtual networks: Sub £50 / Full £60 / SLA £35
Face to Face networks: Sub £70 / Full £84 / SLA £35
Open the attached to view the full schedule of Art sessions for the year, then click the link below to access our booking form:
Exploring how the use of a sketchbook can be a very effective way of encouraging children to value their own thinking and learn from it.
- use a sketchbook as a research tool - to explore, experiment, organise and store information, both for use in the present and in the future
- understand that the sketchbook may be used to record written as well as visual thoughts and that it has an important role to play in increasing the use of literacy within the art curriculum
- be able to further use some of the approaches as a springboard for their own exploration and experience in the classroom
- have a clear understanding of how to use the sketchbook to share a learning journey and for assessment
- be able to use a wider range of activities more effectively in order to record progression in learning and raise standards in sketchbook use at Key Stage 2
- to have an appreciation of how the sketch book can be used at Key Stage 1 in preparation for the statutory requirements in the next Key Stage
Search and book on the learning zone using keywords: Using Sketchbooks
Price: Sub £380 / SLA £305 / Full £456