HIAS Art Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our Art site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from HIAS Art. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
We have lots of exciting and engaging Art and Design courses on offer for you this coming Spring and Summer. These courses are designed to inspire you in your art classes, inform you of latest updates, help you learn new skills, meet other teachers, share ideas, and grow in confidence. The courses include:
- Climate Unity: Art Workshops
- Termly Art Support Group Workshops
- Art Support Afternoon Workshops
- Help I am an Art Manager
- Being an Art Subject Leader in the Primary School
- Planning, Progression, and Assessment in the Primary Art Curriculum
- Be Ofsted Ready for a ‘Deep Dive’ into Art
- Primary Art Conference 2024
- Using Sketchbooks at Key Stages 1 and 2
- Secondary Art Networks
- Art Secondary Photography Network
Please see our Art courses page (Course: Upcoming Art Courses (hants.gov.uk)) for a full list of upcoming courses, including further details, course overviews, and the keyword search to use when booking your place on the Learning Zone.
The primary aims of the subject network meetings are to:
- Ensure a clear understanding of the national picture and its application in local and school contexts.
- Support effective subject leadership as appropriate to each school’s individual context.
- Develop skills, expertise, and capacity within school subject leaders and their teams through quality strategic CPD and the sharing of good practice.
- Deepen understanding of subject specific pedagogy and knowledge that underpins good progress and attainment for ALL pupils.
- Facilitate school to school networking and develop strength across the system.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Secondary Spring Art
Price: Sub £75 / SLA £40 / Full £90
This termly workshop will offer a valuable afternoon opportunity for teachers to participate in practical activities and meet other teachers to share ideas and thoughts about art in the classroom.
The spring topic will be: Magical printing
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Art AfternoonPrice: Sub £235 / SLA £205 / Full £282
Spring 23-24 Art Support Afternoon Workshop flyer
This conference offers the opportunity to share trends and good practice in art, craft, and design education.
The programme will include:
- The latest developments and updates in primary art education.
- Talks by NSEAD and artists.
- Sharing of knowledge and understanding about the art practice of key practitioners.
- Opportunities for breakout workshops that can be linked to curriculum practice.
- Learning new ideas to inform your art practice in schools about skills, leadership, teaching, and learning.
- Networking with teachers and sharing practice in art.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Art 2024
Price: Sub £300 / SLA £130 / Full £360Primary Art Conference 2024 flyer
Climate Unity: We are all in this together, one world for us all
This workshop will provide ideas and inspiration for you to develop artwork that can contribute to a digital art exhibition (virtual and possibly physical) with and by Hampshire schools and in your own school. It will also enable you to communicate your school’s message and to raise awareness about climate change, unity, stewardship, and environmental issues.
This year we invite you and your school to create artwork responding to your Climate Crisis conversations, to be used in our digital exhibition. The challenge is to create headwear embodying messages about climate concerns. Please use materials of your choice.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Climate Unity
Price: Sub £350 / SLA £300 / Full £420Climate Unity: Art Workshop 2023-24 (Webinar) flyer