These three sessions will enable art subject leaders to be aware and equipped with the information to plan for a ‘Deep Dive’ into Art.
The sessions are designed to consider the following aspects about a primary art and design curriculum offer:
- Intent, Implementation and Impact for a primary art, craft, and design curriculum?
- What is my vision for art, is it reflected in my curriculum statement?
- Developing a long-term plan to reflect themes, skills, materials, visual language, and links to artists, craftsmakers and designers.
- Coverage and sequencing of skills and considerations about progression across year groups and Key Stages.
- Embedding learning journeys into medium planning to include opportunities to explore, experiment, record, present and evaluate work.
- How do you organise and timetable art in the curriculum, what other opportunities are offered?
- How do you monitor the quality and content of the intention of the art offer?
- What assessment systems have you to be able to know how well children are doing and to inform what is needed for teaching and learning in the future?
- What opportunities are provided to enrich children’s experiences and knowledge about art and design both inside and outside of the classroom?
- How do you/can you share and promote the exciting teaching and learning that is happening in and from your art curriculum?
- What professional development opportunities are needed/provided to support and skill staff to engage and provide an exciting art curriculum in your school.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Deep Dive 23
Price: Sub £660 / SLA £580 / Full £792