Exploring how the use of a sketchbook can be a very effective
way of encouraging children to value their own thinking and
learn from it.
- Use a sketchbook as a research tool - to explore, experiment, organise and store information, both for use in the present and in the future
- Understand that the sketchbook may be used to record written as well as visual thoughts and that it has an important role to play in increasing the use of literacy within the art curriculum
- Be able to further use some of the approaches as a springboard for their own exploration and experience in the classroom
- Have a clear understanding of how to use the sketchbook to share a learning journey and for assessment
- Be able to use a wider range of activities more effectively in order to record progression in learning and raise standards in sketchbook use at Key Stage 2
- To have an appreciation of how the sketchbook can be used at Key Stage 1 in preparation for the statutory requirements in the next Key Stage.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Using SketchbooksPrice: Sub £380 / SLA £305 / Full £456